Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The End..

Agnes Szakacs
05/13/15


Reflection Chemistry


This semester of Chemistry was so great for me. I have gotten more confident in proposing my works. I have had lots of fun in Chemistry and I learned quite a lot. It is my most favorite class ever! I wish I had a whole year in Andrew’s class!
I have found out that I am curious whenever I had a chance to do a new lab. I like working hands on. Makes me feel like I can do what I want to do, without having the teacher telling me what to do specifically. It gets boring when you have to learn the same thing over and over again. Nothing new, nothing exciting. My brain doesn’t get “smarter”, it gets lazy and bored. In Andrew’s Chemistry class I learned something new every day. He was so flexible with the students that he trusted us to learn and propose what we wanted. I honestly think I learned a lot more with him then in any other class or schools I have went to for that matter.
My favorite works were the ones that got me moving and going. Like the rock project. I got so mad at myself that I just wanted to quit. I didn’t have the skills with rocks like some people had. But I pushed myself. I also liked the rocket engine lab. However, I was not a fan of rockets. They seemed too “difficult” to make. But I found out I like making the engine and the motor of a rocket. It was something new in my life. I was so proud of myself when I saw my rocket launch off and go a few feet away from me. I never launched something that was made with my own hands. I also liked making Oobleck. It was our first class lab. I had so much fun with it, I was childish again. Having a solid become a liquid made me curious, confused, and excited.
I had a few failures in my labs. I tried making milk out of plastic. But it turned into cheese instead. I also did the destiny lab, but my group and I measured the destiny of liquids wrong. One of my classmates ask why did I post our failures up on my blog. In my response I said why not? But now as I think about my failures and why I post them I think that not everyone is perfect, and not everything is going to turn out perfect. People have to see your failures in order to learn what you did wrong. If you don’t show your failures how will you know you failed? You won’t learn anything then if someone won’t critique you.
Overall I’m just really thankful and lucky I had Andrew as my chemistry teacher. I will really miss his class next year. I wish more teachers were like him. Confident, positive, cares about us students and opens up our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment