Saturday, May 16, 2015

Molecule Lab

05/14/15 

In class we had a class lab about molecules. We had to structure atoms with toothpicks, gumdrops, and raisins. We had to know where to place our atoms when building, by completing dot structures. Where we started off was first pick a good amount of molecules we would design. Then we got to drawing and constructing where everything will go. Here are a few examples;

What I learned in this class lab is that I got a visually on how molecules looked like. I learned how they were connected with each other. On a piece of paper I would have not understood how they would look like.

Molecule name: CS2

Molecule name:CO

Molecules name: H2S

Molecule name: SCI6

This molecule was interesting because at first I made the Chlorine (the purple gumdrops), go around the Sulfur, flat on the ground. But I realized something was wrong and different about this molecule. Then I thought who said they have to be 2D? When I can make them 3D. So I got the molecule in this 3D design. 


Molecule name: Nicotine


Molecule Name: Caffeine 


Molecule Name: O3


Molecule Name: CHCI3


Molecule Name: SO3


Molecule Name: NF3


Molecule Name: BrF5


Molecule Name: SH2


Molecule Name: Testosterone
(Somewhat stabled) 

No comments:

Post a Comment