Sunday, May 3, 2015

Self-Frezzing Soda

05/03/15

Today I did a small experiment on making soda freeze itself. What you have to do is, shake the soda of your choice, and put it in the freezer on its side. After 3 hours and 15 minutes I took out the soda carefully. Nothing seemed to happen. But as I started to carefully open, I wasn't slow enough, and the soda started to freeze itself and turn into ice.


I learned why this is happening and how. The reason why is because when you open the carbonated beverage the pressure is released. When pressure drops, so those the temperature. The soda inside of its container was just slightly above freezing, but dropped to freezing temperature, making it turn into ice. This is a really good way to make your drink into a delicious slushy during a hot summer day. I suggest to try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment